This guide is a quick reference to some of EndNote’s frequently used features. EndNote is a software package which is designed to help you to organize citations and create a bibliography. EndNote helps you to find, download, and organize references in your own personal EndNote library.
The current version of EndNote available from the NIH Library is Endnote X8. It is compatible with Windows 7 to 10 and Mac OSX10.10 to 10.12.
EndNote allows you to do the following:
- Search for citations in databases (e.g., PubMed, Scopus, and Web of Science)
- Retrieve relevant citations and import them into EndNote
- Use an EndNote plugin for Microsoft Word to easily format references and bibliographies in your papers to conform to styles used by hundreds of different journals
- Download the Full-text of articles as PDFs
- Share a library with up to 100 persons