RNA-Seq Data Analysis
- Event Closed
- Apr 26, 2017
- 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- NIH Library Training Room
This training will provide an introduction to RNA-Seq data analysis followed by tutorials showing the use of popular RNA-seq analysis packages and preparing participants to independently run basic RNA-Seq analysis for expression profiling using a “point and click” approach on a public Galaxy platform.
The hands-on exercise will run on a Galaxy platform using Illumina paired-end RNA-seq data. Participants will have a chance to:
• Run quality control check on sequencing data
• Align the sequencing reads to a reference genome
• Generate alignment statistics and check mapping quality
• Measure abundance of transcripts
• Perform differential expression analysis
• Visualize the output of RNA-seq analyses
The class will be taught by NCI staff and is free and open to NIH (and HHS) staff.