More than 500 journal articles written by NIH biologists appeared in PubMed within the past year. Were you one of those authors?
The Library’s Editing Service is available to all NIH authors, but we especially want to make sure biologists know about this free service because biologists comprise one of the largest groups of researchers at NIH. Perhaps you have great scientific information to share, but you do not have the time to check the nuances of English grammar and punctuation. NIH librarians, trained in scientific writing and editing, can do that proofreading and editing for you.
We can help with:
- Editing for grammar, punctuation, and clarity
- Editing assistance for non-native speakers of English
- Instructions to Authors compliance
- Manuscript preparation consultations
- Journal submission selection
- Writing resources and tools
- EndNote & Reference Manager training and assistance
Editing turnaround time depends on the complexity of the manuscript and is negotiated between the author and editor. Generally, editing is completed within 3-10 business days.
To request editing service, e-mail the NIH Library Writing Center Team at email@example.com or call Cindy Clark at 301-496-2186 for more information.
*Note: A search in PubMed on: ("National Institutes of Health"[AD] OR "NIH"[AD]) AND biology[AD]; limited to 2011/06/01 to the present = 540 hits on 6/7/12.)